All voting for the May 19 primary election will be by absentee ballot only! The information below is to help you make your voice heard in this very special election:
If you’re registered to vote at your current address:
- Request an absentee ballot ONLINE HERE here or print THIS FORM and mail it to your COUNTY CLERK’s OFFICE (Canyon County residents will send it to 1102 E Chicago Street Caldwell, ID 83605).
- When your ballot arrives, fill it in and return it to your County Clerk’s office.
- Give it a few days and then you can confirm the county has received your absentee ballot HERE.
If you need to register or update your registration
- Before you request your absentee ballot, you can register to vote or update your registration ONLINE HERE or by printing THIS MAIL IN FORM and mailing it to the county clerk.
- If you’re unsure about your registration status, you can check your VOTER REGISTRATION HERE.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- May 19, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.: Deadline to request your absentee ballot from the County Clerk. Application for ballot must be physically received by this deadline–postmark is not sufficient.
- May 19, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.: Deadline to register to vote for the May 19 primary election. Voter registration must be physically received by this deadline–postmark is not sufficient.
- June 2, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.: Deadline for your absentee ballot to be received by the County Clerk. Ballot must be physically received by this deadline–postmark is not sufficient.
- June 2, 2020 at 9:00 p.m. MST: Earliest that results of the election may be posted.